The dice do decree, a photographic list. Behold! My favourite photo spots in Canberra:
- The Arboretum – It has some great architecture, a bonsai area, and some excellent vistas of Canberra.
- The Botanical Gardens – It has a wonderful rain-forest gully, some sculpture and a “red-centre” area.
- Mount Ainslie – It’s close to Civic, which means after a few quick photos you can pop down to the local pub.
- Cockington Green – Tiny houses. It’s weird and it’s wonderful. I would enjoy doing a bit of tilt-shift photography for shits and giggles.
- The Zoo – Bring your zoom lens for this one, although there are areas where you can get up close and personal with the animals.
- Lake Burley Griffin – Good architecture and some excellent opportunities for people watching.
- Floriade – Only in Spring, but it’s great for those “field of flowers” photographs and some great macros.